Wednesday, June 10, 2009

More "catch-up"......Spring blooms

We had an exceptionally beautiful Spring here this year. It was a BANNER year for azaleas & dogwoods. I was relishing the masses of color every single day in May. So, of course, I had to take pictures :)
Here is just a sampling.

The dogwoods & azaleas starting popping out in April, just after the daffodils & tulips died off. Our azaleas had more blooms this year than I can ever remember!....












So many beautiful colors!!
Hot pink, dusty rose, salmon, red & white, lavender, and double-blooming pink!....



































And the dogwoods were in all their glory! Up against our house & filling our whole back yard with fat white blooms....































One of the "wild" dogwoods in our back yard had the BIGGEST blooms I've ever seen!












Then came my FAVORITE--my purple clematis.
The blooms were huge & perfect!

Just wish it bloomed for longer. Oh well, it will be back in the Fall....

Oh, I do love Spring in Maryland!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the hand in the pictures! It really gives you a sense of how big those blooms really were. It's a shame they don't last for months. All the planting and watering, we finally get a cold winter to help. At least you have these wonderful pictures to remember the fruits of your labor. Gorgeous shots, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the season changes. Thanks for sharing your pretty blooms.

    ReplyDelete